Off the Page calculates its fees based on the number of children participating and the distance we travel to your school. Therefore, quotes are given on a per-school basis and typically include:
- Fee: This is the base fee for us to send our teacher into your school for the full day. It is calculated in price bands based on how many children are in a group. For the 2017-18 school year, a group of 60 children would cost £430.
- Materials: This fee covers the cost of the consumable materials, as well as wear and tear of our artefacts. The fee is also based on the number of children participating – in 2017-18, the materials fee for 60 children is £52.
- Mileage: This is the cost to send our teacher from our office to your school. We have two offices: Dry Drayton (near Cambridge) and Hemel Hempstead. (We endeavour to send our teachers from the office closest to you, but sometimes logistics require that we send a teacher further.)
- B&B: If a school is far enough away to warrant an overnight trip, we will request a small fee to offset the cost.
- VAT: We will add the numbers above to determine your subtotal. The government requires that we then add VAT on top of that total (currently 20%). If you receive state funding (most primary schools and academies do), then your school should be able to claim the VAT back.
Contact us for a free, personalised quote.
Please note that terms and conditions – such as cancellation fees – do apply. Please contact us for further details.
Do you offer discounts?
Yes! We offer 10 percent discount periods at certain times of year. The discounted days for 2017-18 are as follows:
Tuesday 5th – Wednesday 13th September 2017
Wednesday 13th – Monday 18th December 2017
Wednesday 3rd – Friday 5th January 2018
Monday 16th – Monday 23rd July 2018
Is there any way to cut the costs?
With some advanced planning and creative thinking, yes. Some small, one-form schools, for instance, may feel particular budget constraints. Some of the schools we visit have therefore partnered with other local schools, either to share days at one site or to share mileage costs. Please contact us to explore possible options.