For our in-school workshops, Off the Page calculates its fees based on the number of children participating and the distance we travel to your school. Therefore, quotes are given on a per-school basis and typically include:
- Fee: This is the base fee for us to send our teacher into your school for the full day. It is calculated in price bands based on how many children are in a group. For the 2020-21 school year, a group of 60 children would cost £450.
- Materials: This fee covers the cost of the consumable materials, as well as wear and tear of our artefacts. The fee is also based on the number of children participating – in 2020-21, the materials fee for 60 children is £55.
- Mileage: This is the cost to send our teacher from our office to your school. We have two offices: Dry Drayton (near Cambridge) and Hemel Hempstead. (We endeavour to send our teachers from the office closest to you, but sometimes logistics require that we send a teacher further.)
- B&B: If a school is far enough away to warrant an overnight trip, we will request a small fee to offset the cost.
- VAT: We will add the numbers above to determine your subtotal. The government requires that we then add VAT on top of that total (currently 20%). If you receive state funding (most primary schools and academies do), then your school should be able to claim the VAT back.
Contact us for a free, personalised quote.
Please note that terms and conditions – such as cancellation fees – do apply. Please contact us for further details.
The pricing scheme for the virtual workshops is simple. The group may be as large as you wish it to be – or broken into as many sub-groups as you need. We charge £300.00 for the first 30 children, plus £6.00 for each additional child (the costs are inclusive of 20% VAT, which the school can claim back.) Shipping is free.
Therefore the costing for a group of 60 children in 2020-21 would be £480.00 (incl. 20% VAT).
The extra teaching time, which is delivered by one of our qualified teachers by video conferencing software, can be added for £60.00 per hour.
Do you offer discounts?
Yes! We offer 10 percent discount periods at certain times of year for our in-school workshops only. The discounted days for 2020-21 are as follows:
Discount Dates for 2020-21
Friday 4th – Friday 11th September 2020
Monday 14th – Thursday 17th December 2020
Tuesday 5th – Friday 8th January 2021
Monday 10th – Friday 14th May 2021 (SATS Week)
Wednesday 14th – Wednesday 21st July 2021
Is there any way to cut the costs?
Some schools have thought creatively, partnering with other schools to share days at one site or to share mileage costs. But this has always been a difficult question, especially for small schools with limited resources.
Our new virtual workshops were created with small groups and limited budgets in mind. They provide the richness of one of our in-school days — including role play and practical crafts — but without any added costs such as travel. Whether you are a one-form school with limited numbers or a small group such as homeschoolers or Scouts, we would encourage you to give our virtual workshops a try.